Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eye Dream

I borrowed "Holy Mountain" months ago on Netflix and finally finished the film just last week. There's a lot of good imagery in Jodorowsky's films. Hell, an abundance of great things to paint. I decided to chose a character who wasn't really important in the film but the way she looked was what captivated me. She had a chimpanzee companion and somehow climbs the holy mountain following the 9 'planet' deities. I don't know, it's a little obscure but I love it! Here is my process:

Simple linework

Adding first layer of colors

more detailing

Final
All the colors were pretty much arbitrary, and I didn't go into this with a plan. I drew right on top of my watercolor block, and started with pencil lines, gone into it with microns, and watercolored to finish. 

1 comment: