Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"The Subject For Today" (H.R. Pufnstuf)

Sketch directly on watercolor paper (ouch)!


Started to add a lot of detail. Oh how I love to paint pants. I almost always start with a warm colored wash on everything.

Almost done.
Final
This piece was inspired by the late 60's to early 70's tv show, H.R. Pufnstuf. I really enjoyed doing this painting because the show had so many colors to offer. I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, Jack Wild was a cute kid. I loved his outfit and I loved how charismatic he was throughout the whole thing. I used microns over graphite, erased all traces of pencil, and watercolored the whole thing in a day. Ps: I love mushrooms. Yes I said it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna! Great work you've got here; I really admire the control you have over watercolor.

    ReplyDelete