Monday, May 2, 2011

Fanciful feline wearing fox fur feast on fat fish from afar.

Sketch
 So this was a really fun assignment I've done so far in my Illustration 3 class at CCA. Students were to chose a letter from the alphabet, and make a scene that made sense using just that letter! The left image is my final sketch using velum paper and graphite. Then I went into it with watercolors using no white or black paint to keep the luminosity of the pigments. A lot of my classmates liked the final result, however my instructor felt like it needed black or white paint. I guess during the summer I need to start playing with values and actually add black pigment back into my palette. However I refuse to let any white paint touch my paper...so I might have to invest in some masking fluid. Anyway, nothing like painting a bunch of cats and humans catering to their needs! I love cats but I am f*cking allergic to them! 

Final!

1 comment: