Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Logan's Run: DVD Assignment


Sketch and cleaned up linework.
 So the final assignment for Caitlin Kuhwald's Illustration class was to design a DVD cover for a movie of her choice. I was really happy Logan's Run made it on the list, although Harold and Maude (which was in the previous list of her last semester's class) would've been the one illustrated because I fucking loved that movie. Anyway, I had a hell of a time figuring out how I wanted the two characters Logan 5 and Jessica 6 in the foreground. A running pose was not an easy thing, only because my reference photos look a little forced and super cheesy! Thank you L.J. and Hazel for helping me out though (I ended up using my own reference photo in the end). My process took a while. I had two thumbnails, one color study, sketch, final sketch, cleaned up line work, and the actual final. I'm really happy with the way this piece turned out. Although his likeness is a little off, I'm quite happy with how the characters shown through. Speaking of "shown through", Kuhwald laughed at how Jessica 6's nipples are bright. "I can't stop looking at them. I feel so embarrassed!!" Haha, yes! Success!
Final 

No comments:

Post a Comment